5.20.2009

Fine Arts Fiesta

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania may seem like it doesn’t have a lot to offer, but I adore the place. It’s a city, but it’s small enough that you don’t feel claustrophobic. And there’s the perfect blend of homeless crazies and classy business workers abound in the square.

Last weekend, the annual Fine Arts Fiesta came to town and settled in on the tiny square. It was filled with tents carrying everything from watercolor paintings to blown glass wind chimes, photography to tie-dye. I fell in love with a piece from every booth. In fact, I ended up buying a cute ceramic dog tag with an Elephant on it (they are my favorite animals) .I wish I had more pictures from the event, showcasing the Corona bottle wind chime I couldn’t stop admiring or the massive amount of fried food stands. I will take a picture of my found treasure soon.

Here are a few fun pictures anyways…

finearts art

shaved snointerview 

Oh yeah…I failed to mention I got halted by local news station WBRE to discuss the topic of “butt dialing”. I can tell you, I didn’t see if I made it on air, but if I did…it was a gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment