5.26.2009

A Garden State of Mind…

garden-state-3-1024

I loved the movie Garden State before it even came out in the movie theaters. At first it was because Natalie Portman is in it and I need to see everything she is in.  In a close second was the fact that Zach Braff (or Dr. John Dorian, as I know and love him from my favorite TV show) wrote, directed, and starred in it. Then I saw the teaser trailer and knew it was going to be a favorite.

For me, it’s one of those movies that brings me into the experience. It’s got humor and drama and I like movies that can cross those genre boundaries in a realistic way. I could watch it often and still find something new about it to love.

And perhaps I like it a lot because it reminds me of good times in my life, of starting senior year of high school. Of my first summer driving and listening to “Caring is Creepy” by The Shins over and over. Of the beginning of my first love.

Though I love movies and watch as many as possible, very few get me this excited. What are your spirit-lifting movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment