5.18.2009

Home Sweet Home

I love my family, and I’m happy to be around them once again. However, I will miss, very much so, living in my campus apartment. The fact that I’m at home until further notice kind of drives me insane. I will be revamping my room over the next week or so, when I’m not working and such, so that I actually enjoy being home.

However, I was in the shower today after some cleaning and I started to think about the things I will definitely miss and maybe already sort of do…

  • The shower and its amazing water pressure
  • A bigger bed than the one I have now…I bet that sounds extra small!
  • Being a short walk, and sometimes just a few feet, away from someone to hang out with
  • The 10 minute walk to Barnes and Noble or Movies 14 (and the discount tickets I always used to have for the theater)
  • Target being a 5 minute drive away…its kind of one of my happy places
  • A guaranteed three meals a day
  • Senunas’, the bar right across from campus, because it has cheap drinks and you never need a designated driver

I know I will be back to visit. And besides, I work 5 minutes from campus and I’ll be up there a few times a week. But it’s sad to think I won’t be packing up my things and heading back in a few months. I will still be here…perhaps throughout the next 4 seasons. And I might see my friends from home leave me before I actually do. I’m getting very nervous but…well….I guess it’s all very exciting as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment