11.09.2012

Dinner Last Night: Stir-Fry and Lo Mein

013

I love making stir-fry. It doesn’t break the bank, you know every ingredient going in (unlike Chinese buffets and take out), and it’s impossible to screw up. I’ve made rice plenty of times, but Lo Mein is new to me. I looked up a couple of Rachael Ray’s recipes, but I ended up mixing my own. Spaghetti noodles with some hoisin sauce, soy sauce, bell peppers, onions, and garlic. I’d say it was an excellent side dish, but it ended up taking the majority of the space on my plate. Next time, I’ll use less soy sauce, or maybe add something sweet. It was a bit too salty.
Still…a great meal. I can’t wait to play around with it some more!

005009

How was your week? I’m so ready for the weekend!
I have absolutely no plans this weekend. Which is strange. I haven’t had a Saturday without some obligation (work, weddings, or appointments) since Sept. 22! I’m actually kinda curious what I’ll end up doing. Anything is possible and it’s all up in the air.
On top of that, I have off on Monday! At the very least, it’ll be a great few days to catch up on sleep, eat some tasty food, wander around finding adventures, and working on some more craft projects I have lined up.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment