11.16.2012

Dinner Last Night: Chili and Cornbread

IMG_3368

Chilly night? Eat chili. It just makes sense. Maria asked for it a few days ago, and it was basically cemented that that’s what I’d be cooking on Thursday. I’ve made chili quite a few times, it’s nothing unique. But the best part is adding and subtracting things from your recipe to find your perfect chili mix. I’m still working on that. But this was probably my favorite so far. I have to keep it on the mild side for my mom, but the rest of us added Tobasco…heck yes.

IMG_3354

I suppose I could go all out and try and make my own corn muffins, but this classic mix is less than a dollar a box. So, yeah. That’s what I’m going to do. You can’t fail with it. I learned this week that I’m not really the best at baking. You need to be super patient and by the book…I struggle with that when it comes to cooking. So baking will take some time. So thank God for these super easy mixes. Jiffy, you’re the best.

IMG_3364

Are you ready for the weekend? I am. I know I had a short week, but that actually made it harder. I got super-relaxed during my 3 day weekend, and it was difficult to get back into the swing of things. What am I going to do when I have my 4 day weekend next weekend?
I may never want to go back to work again!
Then again…I don’t really ever anyway. So what would be the difference?

I work tomorrow, but afterwards I’m going to see Breaking Dawn Pt. 2! I’m both super-excited and super-sad to see one of my favorite series come to an end. I know it’s guilty pleasure material, but I’ve loved the books since I read them in London and I love the movies and own every single one. I’m pretty sure I will be shedding some tears (like I did with the last movie). I just hope everything wraps up nicely and they do it justice. The end of the book is beautiful. So I’m hoping for the same here.

Otherwise, the weekend is wide open. I’ll probably work on my chain and single stitches some more. And hopefully break out the camera.

Here’s to a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This looks soooooo good! I've decided I'm definitely coming to dinner this upcoming Thursday. What do you think we can have? ;)

    ReplyDelete