11.13.2012

A Few Goals

As a fan and follower of A Beautiful Mess, I have been inspired to try many different things.
One that’s really resonating right now is a list of  4 Simple Goals to accomplish in a short amount of time.
Nothing crazy or completely unreasonable. Just a few things I’d like to do before the new year begins.

Which will be here before we know it.

So here goes…

053

1. Learn to crochet. And be patient with it. It’s not going to happen the first time I go at it (or the 15th, as has been proven thus far). But practice makes perfect, so don’t give up! I also don’t want to expect to go from a simple dish cloth to an infinity scarf in an instance. Baby steps. I’ll be happy just to have a simple square of crocheted fabric as proof that I accomplished this goal.

IMG_5405

2. Break out the Rebel at least once a week. I love my camera, I love the crisp photos it produces, it wasn’t cheap by my standards…and yet I let the poor baby sit in a camera bag 99% of the time. I’ll admit I’ve allowed myself to get discouraged by my photographs. And I become uninspired because I don’t leave the area much. But the best way to challenge yourself with photography is to search for the little wonderful things in life. I am thankful I have an iPhone that takes some excellent photos (I wouldn’t have half the photos I do without it), but this piece of equipment, and the few lenses I have, need to be utilized.

003

3. Clean out my car. I’m too embarrassed to show you what the inside looks like. Basically, it looks like a bookworm who eats things wrapped in aluminum foil lives back there. It is a total mess and I’ve let it get too far. The funny thing is, I don’t think it will take that long to clean out. But I just can’t get myself to do it. So I really must.

023

4. Stay active. Whether I utilize my dance DVDs, continue taking long walks with my sister (which is a little tricky now that it is pitch black by the time I get home from work), or going to the gym (though I don’t see that happening), I would like to workout at least 3 times a week.
Sure, it would be great to lose weight or get toned. But I also want to do this for my mind. Winter is such a rough time, with long nights and short days, cold weather and storms that keep you indoors, and the post-holiday blues (or pre-holiday shopping stress). Exercise helps boost those endorphins and release any tension. It’s a great relief for my mind and body, so I want to keep that up.

And there are my 4 goals for the next couple of months! Let’s see how I do…

No comments:

Post a Comment