11.26.2012

A Weekend Adventure

043

You see that photo? That’s me, zip lining!
We did it yesterday at the Skytop Lodge, and it was challenging, crazy, thrilling, and one of the best experiences.

I am currently nursing some swollen hands and some achy joints. I didn’t expect to work so many different parts of my body. But it was 
a 3 hour adventure, different courses filled with crazy bridges and ropes and swinging wood planks to get across, culminating with a zip line.
We had to wear harnesses with carabiner clips, and we had to make sure one was always hooked to a line.
I really didn’t know what to expect, but it definitely turned out to be more than that.
Even though I thought I was going to die a couple of times (It wouldn’t have happened, being that I was connected to a wire at all times and would only fall a couple of feet in the air and hang there), and I’m sore, and I haven’t worked out that hard or that much in forever, and it was about 30 degrees, it was a total blast. Something that everyone should experience. I’m a mess when it comes to heights, and I screamed a lot, but it was thrilling and excellent. It’s always good to fight your fears.

Afterwards, we stopped at a cute country store on the way home and ate at Old Country Buffet, which might sound a little gross or weird, but it really hit the spot. All the comfort food you can eat after freezing and working hard? Necessary.

032

034035042033

All photos edited with Afterglow.

Did you have a good weekend?
I couldn’t be happier that I asked for the next couple of days off.
It’s been a while since I had a nice mini-vacation, and it’ll be nice to rest my achy joints and bones.

Here’s to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment