11.12.2011

New ‘Do, New You

newdo

My hair has been on an interesting rollercoaster ride these last few years. My senior year of college, I did something I had always wanted to do: get a pixie cut. It took a lot of getting used to/help styling it (you wouldn’t think, but it is very easy to screw that short hair up) and ultimately, I let insecurity and low self-esteem drag me down and tried very hard to grow it out. And it did get longer. But then, I realized that that wasn’t for me. Long hair was something I had once, out of sheer laziness and dependence on my mom to make appointments (which she wasn’t doing, as she had bigger fish to fry). Since I lobbed all of it off, I have been a short hair girl. I always will be one. Maybe my hair will get long again. Lord knows I admire beautiful long hair. But being the low-maintenance (read: lazy) girl I am, the shorter hair just jives with my lifestyle/morning routine. This cut in particular (inspired by this photo on my Pinterest) had me a little scared, because it is the shortest I’ve gone in a long time and the closest to a pixie without actually getting a pixie.
But I went for it, and I’m happy I did.

Cutting your hair off is a very freeing experience. I’d highly recommend that everyone do some form of it at least once in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment