11.24.2011

This One Simple Thing…

 

heartinthesky

I don’t know about you, but I definitely see a heart in this sky. This was taken last year.

There are so many things to be thankful for in life, and it’s customary to really take the time to recognize these things when Thanksgiving rolls around. I did some thinking, and realized there is one thing I am truly thankful for, but it pretty much covers every base. And that, my friends, is LOVE. Lately, I am so aware of the importance of this one simple and often uncontrollable thing.

To be clear, I’m not just referring to the romantic, sweep you off your feet type of love, but every single aspect of love.
The supportive and unconditional love of my family.
The acceptance of who I am I receive from my friends (which is requited, by the way).
The companionship and comfort of a beloved pet.
And, of course, the butterflies and heart swells I get from my amazing boyfriend.

It has come to my attention that watching or reading about or experiencing love in anyway has been enough to move me to the happiest tears. What is life without love? And, luckily, I have it in all forms of my life. I am truly blessed and, therefore, truly thankful for the amazing people in my life who give me love and whom I can give love back.

There are plenty of other things I am thankful for…but this one thing has trumped them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment