11.03.2011

In the Bag: Makeup Edition

makeupbag

I decided to take you on a journey through my makeup bag. I recently purchased this cute makeup tote from Target (6 bucks, heck yeahhhh) and it’s a huge step up from the stupid, clunky box I was using before that would always open and spill things. 
There are four clear sections that keep everything super organized and easily accessible.
Bonus: I can detach the middle pouches for traveling!

insidemakeupbag

Everyday Use

everyday2

When it comes to my everyday makeup routine, it’s short and simple. I’m often rushing to get ready for work in the morning but I’m
low-maintenance anyway, so it works out! The products I use are meant to make me look awake and subtlety enhance my features.

From Left to Right:
EOS Lip Balm (I keep one accessible at all times)
Rimmel’s Match Perfection concealer
Maybelline’s Colossal Volum’ Express mascara
 
Bare Minerals Tinted Mineral Veil, Warmth, and blush in Avant-Garden

EOS Lip Balm is something I’ve raved about in the past, and I still stand strong by it. It’s not waxy and the flavors/scents are yummy yet subtle. I don’t like to go beyond a lip balm on work days…too much upkeep. I recently ran out of my Bare Minerals foundations (I buy a sample kit that’s only supposed to last a month or so, and it usually takes me almost a year to go through because I basically use them for spot treatment only), but I’ve had a lot of luck with Rimmel concealers in the past and this is no different. As for my mascara, I am always changing that. I do not discriminate with mascara. All I care about is voluminous lashes…though I usually complain they aren’t thick enough even with mascara on. This one is doing the job for now, but when it runs low, I’ll surely have a completely different one in the bag.

everyday3

These are the Bare Minerals products I still have and use daily. The Tinted Mineral Veil adds a little extra color to my skin. And I love the perfectly pink Avant-Garden blush. I wouldn’t have those products if it weren’t for my mom. As for the classic Warmth powder, it takes a while for me to go through a compact…I use it everyday, but only a light dusting for a slightly sun kissed glow.

A Little Extra…

extra

From Left to Right:
Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil – Easy Going, Touch of Glam, Cool Down, and Go Wild
From Top to Bottom:
Cover Girl Natureluxe Gloss Lip Balm – Tulip, Coral, and Cabernet

On the days I know I’ll be seeing friends or going out or being social in anyway other than work, I like to kick it up a notch. It’s a little notch, but a little goes a long way. These eyeliners are way more fun than eyeshadow (and they don’t crease!). I am especially fond of the Purple and Blue sticks, they get the most use for sure. As for the lip balms, I am obsessed with these. They are the perfect stepping stone to lipstick, which can be intimidating for someone who’s usually very natural. I’ve worn them all, but Cabernet gets the most use. It’s super dark in the tube, but it puts a nice rosy color on your lips that brightens the entire face without the woes of it bleeding into cracks or moving onto the teeth. Highly recommend all these products above. They are inexpensive and worth every penny.

Special Occasions

somethingmore

From Left to Right:
NYX Eye/Eyebrow Pencil in Gray
NYC Brow/Eyeliner Pencil in Black
Bare Minerals Big and Bright Eyeliner in Black Coffee
Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara in Black
Rimmel Lip Liner in Nude
Wet n Wild lipstick in Stoplight Red and Smoking Hot Pink

This section of my makeup bag is maybe only reserved for special moments like dinners and dates and weddings and other moments that require a little extra effort. The eyeliners have made their way up the ranks on a few random nights, but lipstick is a once in a while thing.
The lip liner is necessary for keeping the highly pigmented lipstick in it’s place. I love how cheap and wonderful these lipsticks are, but I wouldn’t have purchased them if it weren’t for this excellent article on HelloGiggles. As for the mascara, I have used it on occasion, but my favorite thing to do on fancy nights is layer both this Bare Minerals mascara and the Maybelline one from above for super thick lashes.
It’s pretty excellent.

So, there you have it guys! I am by no means a beauty expert, but I am quite happy with the makeup I have (and continue to purchase time and again) and would highly recommend all of these products! Hope you enjoyed your peak into my makeup bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment