8.13.2009

I did.

A week or so ago, I complained that I wouldn’t be able to see a couple of films recently released because they didn’t come to my hometown. Well, I got to see 500 Days of Summer last Friday. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I read on someone’s blog that they expected to love it and they didn’t. You’ll have that, of course. But I can’t help but think that the only reason why is because it isn’t your typical Romantic Comedy where everyone is happy in the end and it all makes sense and all the problems are solved. It’s real. And I appreciated that, so very very much.

I was going through old posts and came across this, which I blogged a few days before I complained. And I am so glad I remembered because it reminded me of what might be my favorite part of the film. It is sad…it is heart-wrenching…I couldn’t even watch it again when I found it on YouTube. But…here’s a small taste of it. Please watch it. And please go see the movie if you can. And drop the expectations…as they often lead to…well…you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment