8.02.2009

Limited Release

How frustrating is it to be stuck in a bum town?

Months ago I posted about two movies I really want to see. Paper Heart is coming out this Friday (visit the website, the video clips are so funny and cute!), but 500 Days of Summer was released a couple of weeks ago in all the major cities. They play commercials on TV constantly. Ads for it are found on nearly every site I visit. There’s even a cardboard poster set up at my hometown’s movie theater. Unfortunately, though, that means nothing. Considering the film is getting a decent amount of press, I might have the benefit of seeing it on the big screen. But that’s the pits about living in a small town. While I love my home and have no problem with where I grew up, we get deprived of that experience all too often. Movies like Garden State, Juno, and Napoleon Dynamite took a month or so to make it to our movie theater and stayed in for maybe two weeks max.

I have no doubt that I will see both of these movies, and that I will enjoy it very much so when I do. But I don’t want to trek to Philadelphia (even though I love my sister and it would be fun, I can’t afford the gas and tolls right now) when I want to see an entertaining film. So…if you can hear me…make your way on down to NEPA! You can count me in on a ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment