8.25.2009

I have a dream…

I still have no idea how or why this happened, but I am obsessed with photography. I am desperate to be out there, anywhere, taking photos of the beautiful people, places, and things that I see in my life.

I have an eventual goal. I want to be out there, snapping pictures, with a bag of cameras at my disposal. I have my Holga and her film. I want a Polaroid now that film is coming back. And I, of course, want my new digital camera…if I can ever find out what camera I want.

I can’t stress enough how much of a…well…stressful process this has become for me. I want something fantastic with a lot of great features but that isn’t too complicated for a beginner like me. And, of course, price is important. I just feel that, because I am a very cheap person, it’s hard for me to look past a certain price range. And I keep thinking, “Well, if I get this one, what if an even better one comes out.” And it’s all very frustrating.

It looks like I won’t be getting one ‘til Christmas, so I have time to debate, research, and possibly test as many as I can until then. However, my current camera is as good as dead. If I can get it to open, the lens never full comes out and most of my photos are blurry or rely on digital zoom to focus and are of the worst quality. I would love something ASAP.

It’s so exciting to think about having a new toy/tool to work with. And I expect to fully dedicate myself to whatever I get for as long as it works with me (which will hopefully be at least 4 years, like my current one did). But I’m just worried. When there’s so much to choose from…what do you choose?

Update: If I had my way…this would be mine.

nikondream

No comments:

Post a Comment