8.11.2009

Stretch

I haven’t shopped for clothes in what feels like forever, and unfortunately it will be a while until I can indulge myself in that luxury again. Regardless, I still check some of my favorite clothing stores online to drool over things I can’t buy.

I was very pleased to check out Forever 21 and see this on the main page. I love leggings. Don’t get me wrong, jeans are super-comfy. But I get bored of the same denim look over and over. Plus, I love skinny, super-tight pairs and none of them ever keep that state more than an hour or so for me. Leggings always stay tight with a stretch that makes them super-comfortable, and they also come in excellent patterns and materials that make it even more fun and add something different to an otherwise everyday look.

Below is my favorite pair…

but they have a lot of crazy prints and fabrics, as well as your basic knit leggings.

I am all for the ever-growing trend of leggings. In fact, the latest issue of Glamour touts them as part of 12 items you need to have for the fall season. Looks like it won’t just be a trend after all. The one rule, as always, stands: If you’re going to wear leggings, don’t ever try to wear them like you wear pants. Please cover your bum! Wear a long blouse, tunic dress, or cardigan over top. There is nothing wrong with replacing your pants with leggings. But they do give a bit away and you want to look classy, don’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment