8.19.2009

Honestly…I never

thought I would get so into photography. Though I must admit, I’m embarrassed to even call it photography, because I am, by no means, a photographer. I’m just learning how to perfect my craft. But honestly, I am so utterly desperate and excited to take pictures of everything in my life.

I love those rare moments in life when everything feels good and seems like its in place. And you want to capture it and, well, for the longest time, I didn’t know how. And I’m still learning. Sure, I had a camera. But it didn’t mean much to me. I was always so sure I would screw it up anyways.

So now, I find myself perusing sites for a new digital camera and for tricks of the trade. I’m still learning (as I saw on my 4th roll of prints) how to use the Holga (I am still screwing up, but I am happy all the same).

I took a photography course my Sophomore year of college…it was required. And I was so intimidated. I hate that I get scared of something so simple so easily. But I suppose the better part is that I’ve fallen into this passion on my own. It took some time, but it was a natural love. I cannot wait to learn more and, eventually, express this in photos I'll be proud of.

On the same note:

nikon Initially, I loved this. I’m looking for a digital camera with a good optical zoom and at least 10 MP. I won’t get it until Christmas time (unless there is a money miracle), but this leaves me enough time to scope out the market. Because I did some research, and even though I was starting to get stingy about Canon or Nikon

bluedigiThis Kodak came along with a better price tag and, seemingly, more features.  I’m not sure what to do, but the more I read up, the more I’ll understand and (fingers crossed), the easier it will be for me to pick out the perfect camera for me. Since I know I will have it for as long as it doesn’t fail me, I want to be able to do as much as possible with it.

Any help is appreciated!

crossflowers {To take the edge off of my rambling, a photo I took and edited}

No comments:

Post a Comment