8.20.2009

Adventures

Growing up, I spent most of my days inside. I was always a reading-writing-board and video game playing type of girl. Now, I hate being inside. I still tend to sit in front of the computer or the TV if I can’t think of anything else to do. But I absolutely need to expand my horizons.

Today, I went for a hike with my friend Ed and our friend Sarah, who is moving to Tannersville on Saturday. Despite the fact that she lives in town with us, we all still considered each other “college friends”. You forget the fact that they might be right there because, to you, college is the main thing that held you together. I wish I hadn’t. I had a blast.

And even better, I saw some places that I never knew were hiding so close to home. Unfortunately, my digital camera sucks. I got a bunch of Holgas but I won’t know what they look like for somewhere around 2 weeks. I still got some nice photos, regardless.

003014edsarahbeerI tackled a bunch of fears on the hike, but I almost always have to when I’m outdoors. When we were done, despite the fact that I needed a shower badly, I felt content. Happy. Satisfied. My body was tired but it felt good to be out. I got attacked by bugs but I am glad that I did something different. Accomplished.

Ed and Sarah both took pictures, and a lot more than I could (ugh). I will hopefully be posting more when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment