8.27.2009

Grumpy Gus

Today was an average day. But by the end of it, I had become such a grouch.

I like to think that everything in my life, good and bad, is leading me down the path I’m supposed to be on. Everything happens for a reason, as they say. So I try not to worry about things that I can’t change right now, specifically things in the past.

Unfortunately, I find my regrets catching up to me every now and again. It’s all very pointless, I know. And usually I get over it after a few hours. But it’s not fun at all to look back at things you wish you had or hadn’t done (big and small), especially when it tends to be the same things all the time.

I always try to tell myself that it would’ve gone the other way if it was absolutely supposed to. But it’s hard to stay in that mentality. Things I need to work on…

In other news, if I were still a King’s College student and not just an alumni, I would’ve been moving back in this week. Ordering prints of photos for my wall. Covering my wall in multi-colored pieces of paper. Rearranging what little furniture the school provided me with. Drinking with friends who lived a quick walk away. Laughing. Dreading classes in the morning.

I’m sad. I can’t lie. Though I don’t really feel like I should be there anymore, it’s still hard to think that this is really it. Perhaps that’s why I’m so funky lately.

myoldroom

Sure, my wall was concrete and cold in the winter. If you didn’t cover everything in pictures and posters, it would look like you were trapped in a prison. But I loved it all the same. I still miss ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment