10.12.2011

“I Enjoy Being a Girl”

I’ve always loved being a girl, but it’s not until these last few years that I truly appreciated it. Does that make sense? Probably not. But I’m talking dresses and skirts, floral and polka dot prints, mascara and lipstick. After years of Parochial schools (meaning uniforms everyday), it took a little while to feel settled in my style. I didn’t know who I was or what I really enjoyed for a long time. Since college, I have grown and changed, and this is by far the girly-est I’ve ever been. I love transforming my face with a little lip color and eyeliner. I love dressing up in thrifted mid-length skirts and tights. I love that I’ve started a weekly ritual of painting my nails.

clotheslipstickshoes

Don’t get me wrong, I still love dressing in trousers and jeans and blazers and button downs. But all the frills are so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment