6.28.2011

Outfit Post: Black and White and Red

outfit3

I wore this outfit  last Friday, when I went to the Chinese buffet with Brad. I look forward to Friday nights for obvious reasons, but getting dressed up (or whatever) is one of my tops. I spend all week in a uniform, and that ain’t me. Then, by the time I get out of work, I just want to put on some sweats/comfy clothes and lounge around. So Friday rolls around and I can do my hair, put a little extra makeup on, and come up with a fun outfit like I used to do every day. (Sad, I know, that I don’t do it for myself anymore.) And it doesn’t matter if I’m just going for cheap all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. This kind of outfit is comfortable for me.

This outfit is a mess of mostly older things. I knew I wanted to wear the polka dot top that I thrifted a few months ago. I paired it with a high-waisted skirt I bought at PacSun for less than 5 bucks when I was still in college. Instead of doing the usual tuck, I wanted to emphasize the shirt. Belting it helped create a silhouette, considering the shirt is rather big. I topped it off with a pair for Payless wedges I recently got (and stupidly wore half of my day in Philly. I’m always in flats so, needless to say, my feet were destroyed. However, they are actually comfy!) and the apple necklace I used to wear religiously in college. In fact, I was wearing it the first night I ever met Brad…

feetoutfit2No_Bruise2

Top – Thrifted, Salvation Army/Skirt – PacSun (old)/Wedges – Payless Shoe Source/Necklace – Hot Topic (old)
(Toe) Nail Polish – OPI “Planks a Lot”

Random Sidebar: This outfit probably cost me less than 25 dollars altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment