6.21.2011

The Continental

IMG_6729

Since it was my sister Maria’s special day on Friday, she got to choose the restaurant we’d be eating dinner at post-ceremony. I couldn’t be more thrilled that she chose The Continental. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it was the neatest place. The interior is done up like a retro upscale diner (and there are a couple more floors just as cool, but we didn’t really get too much of a look). We had to sit at the bar to wait for a table, as dinner hadn’t begun just yet, but I tried my very first Pimm’s Cup (mine was different than the link here, with sparkling wine as an added ingredient). Let me tell you, it won’t be my last. I’m already plotting to make my own for the next pool party.
So very tasty and refreshing.

pimmscupalmostready

Once we got seated at one of the cool, car seat-esque booths, we got to look at the menu. It was a bit overwhelming. That probably sounds silly, because the prices weren’t astronomical and the food wasn’t even that strange. But unfortunately, NEPA is severely lacking in originality (and tapas isn’t really a big thing here). It’s all chain restaurants, pizzerias, and Chinese food. It was really hard to decide what to get…so many different, tasty options. And when the waitress told us everything was in slightly smaller portions, for sharing, we were thrown off. But we all figured it out, and were very pleased with our meal, both in flavor and portion size.

foodsauceIMG_6742 
My meal was bruschetta and hanger steak with red wine sauce and blue cheese (on top of delicious mashed potatoes). To die for.
The bruschetta had arugula and goat cheese on top and I will forever be craving the goat cheese. The dish was so light and tasty and satisifying, and the addition of super creamy, tangy goat cheese made it absolutely divine.

IMG_6744

Maria’s Teriyaki Filet Mignon with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes

IMG_6745

Josh’s Jumbo Lump Crab Pad Thai

IMG_6743IMG_6750

Dad’s Lobster Mac n’ Cheese

Unfortunately, I don’t eat shellfish. I had an allergic reaction as a kid and never tried again (though I want to, as my tastes change and grow). I didn’t get to try the last two meals showcased, but the pictures are enough to make me hungry. The menu is chock full of so many interesting taste fusions, I am excited to go back and try some Korean Pork Tacos, French Onion Dumplings, and maybe even the Cheesesteak Eggroll. I had a really great experience at this place. Maybe it’s because there’s not much like it where I am (and maybe that makes me sound like a total n00b), but whatever. Great drinks, cool atmosphere, fun and delicious food. Excellent experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment