6.14.2011

Beach Reads

Since Brad and I will be relaxing on the beach in about 25 days (but who’s counting?), I’ve been putting a lot of thought into all the things I want to pack. The main thing that has been sticking out in my mind has been BOOKS. There’s not much better than enjoying a good book with your toes in the sand, the sound of waves crashing and seagulls chirping soundtracking the story. It has been quite a while since I had an ocean getaway, so I’m a little overexcited. We will only be in Ocean City for 3 days, but it’s the perfect amount of time when you only have a weeklong vacation all year. A few days away, and the rest to be leisurely and enjoy at home.

I’ve been compiling a little list of necessary reading materials for the trip. I know I won’t go through 4 books…heck, I might not even make it through half of 1! But I bought them, because I’d like to. In fact, I’d like to use my iPhone for photographic purposes ONLY (and communicating with my family), with the 3Bs (Brad, the beach, and books) being my primary forms of entertainment.

book1

book3

book2

book4

I’ve been meaning to read so much more lately…something about the summer does that to me. But honestly, it’s something I need to do year round. It is so good for the brain, for so many reasons. I just read a couple of books that I’m dying to tell you about (soon enough). I’m hoping to stumble upon some more books at used book sales and such, just to add to an ever growing stack of books to be read to avoid boredom and anxiety. But for now, this is the vacation lineup!

Click each book for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment