6.07.2011

My Latest Obsessions

There are quite a few things I find myself raving about these days, in the best of ways. It’s always fun to have little obsessions to gush over and tell all of your friends about. Here are my latest and greatest…

Pinterest

pinterest

As if I needed a new website to spend more of my time on, Pinterest has suddenly taken over my life. My sister and I requested invites before the new year, but I didn’t start using mine religiously until the past week or so. The site is a fun and excellent way to “pin” pictures and links of inspirational outfits, your favorite celebrities, recipes you want to try, hairstyles you love, or pretty much anything else you can think of. They are little inspiration boards on the internet to collect and share. I always log off feeling a bit more inspired, having my eyes opened to delicious foods, beautiful clothes, and tons of interior design ideas. I highly suggest you request an invite and hop on board!

A Beautiful Mess

If you aren’t already reading A Beautiful Mess on a daily basis (or following Elsie on Twitter), then you simply MUST! This blog is so inspirational to me. Elsie Larson is incredibly talented and has worked so hard to achieve so many of her goals (and successfully!). The site is chock full of DIY projects, outfit posts, the cutest pictures, and the sweetest and most inspirational stories. Add this to your daily reads if you haven’t already…you won’t be sorry. (At the very least, check out the sweet video from her wedding…so lovely.)

 

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

019

024

Yes, I know I already blogged about the greatness of my latest beauty obsession, but it had to be done again (and, quite possibly, again in the future). I have  done two different sets, and I already have my next box waiting for the weekend. I am so in love with the incredible ease of these nail polish strips, how good they look, how I can do anything after I put them on and they won’t budge, chip, or nick. I have always had a hard time painting my nails and keeping up with them, so I just stopped. These have added a little fun to my life…it’s my treat to myself. So easy to do…if you are contemplating them, stop and just buy them already. You’ll love them, promise.

Chobani Yogurt

I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about Greek yogurt, but it has absolutely replaced and surpassed all other yogurts for me. Chobani is my favorite brand, and they have an excellent selection of flavors (as in, there are more than what you see above available). I just tried the peach flavor for the first time yesterday…yum. I have yet to have one I didn’t like.

Zooey Deschanel

zooeydeschanel5

Oh come on, who doesn’t LOVE Zooey Deschanel? Great actress, great singer, and overall adorable, awesome, fashionable icon. I find myself all too often lusting over some article of clothing or accessory and categorizing it by Zooey Deschanel movie/moment. Example: The sunglasses I bought at Old Navy are very Zooey Deschanel in Failure to Launch. Yeah, it’s something I strive for more often than not. But, can you blame me? If only I could rock blunt bangs like her.

Retro-style Swimsuits

I can’t enough of retro-style, full-coverage bathing suits. If I had more money, it would probably go towards several more swimsuits in classic styles like this. The best part is, a lot of places are offering bathing suits like this. I couldn’t be more thankful. They are so flattering for curvy gals, and are sexy but modest. I can’t do string bikinis, but I still want to look cute. This is how you do it. I love this and this and I also obviously love polka dots.

Love

Cheesy? Yes. Tacky? Maybe. True? Definitely. I am happily in love, and it feels so good to say and feel that. I know I am very lucky and blessed to have an excellent boyfriend, whom I can also call my best friend. Having someone to share the good and bad times has been such a blessing for me, and it’s all the more exciting as time goes on and you learn new things. The giddy, silly, happy, flirty feelings don’t go away…they change into new and often deeper feelings.
With wedding season in full force, it’s impossible to run away from lovey dovey stuff. I am personally not ready for marriage, but it’s so nice to watch people who are ready cement that love for one another in sweet, romantic ceremonies and cute receptions that capture their lifestyle. And that first dance as husband and wife will getcha everytime.
Let’s not forget that love comes in all kinds of forms. I am lucky to have romantic love in my life, but the love of my family and friends is just as important (more so). I am so thankful for the great people in my life  (near and, unfortunately, far) who support my choices, pick me up when I’m down, make me laugh until I can’t breathe, and keep me up until 4 in the morning. This is one obsession that will never get old.

No comments:

Post a Comment