6.15.2011

Friendly Fires–Pala

friendlyfires

I fell in love with Friendly Fires a couple of years ago, when my sister introduced me to this song. It took me almost a year to finally get my hands on the whole self-titled debut, but it’s excellent. So when I heard they were coming out with a second album, I got both excited and nervous. When a new band comes around and you truly love their only album, there’s a lot of expectations to meet. Lucky for me, Friendly Fires did it again with their second album, Pala. Their fun, dance-y, love-happy vibes are still there, but they branched out a little more with their musical stylings. It is, as evidenced from the album cover, the perfect summer album. You WILL want to blast this at your next pool party (tropical libations will pair perfectly).  I dare you to listen to this album without dancing.

Just a couple of favorites….it’s hard to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment