12.31.2009

Farewell, 2009!

Holga 011A whole year is coming to a close in several hours. For some reason, I always get nervous around New Year’s. I think I’ve seen too many end-of-the-world action flicks for my own good. But really, this is exciting. A clean slate.
Actually, in a way it’s weird that we say that because the only thing that really changes is the number we put down on our checks or essay papers. But it’s cool that we take this opportunity, one that we can’t avoid no matter what, to try and make ourselves better. I don’t really do the whole “New Year’s Resolution” thing and people do tend to dream big and end up messing up their goals just as quickly as they came up with them. However, this time around, there are some things I want to do, that I’ve wanted to do for a while, and maybe I should start now. 
That is, I’d like to stop cursing (it’s to the point where it just comes out without being angry, scared, or…well, does anything really warrant extremely foul language?) and I’d like to stop worrying about everything all the time. The second will be hard for me. I think too much into everything, big or small. And I just want to enjoy life and let things come as they come and tackle them then. If I don’t follow through with this, I won’t be surprised. For either thing.

Anyways, I wanted to take this opportunity to recap the year. So…let’s begin shall we?

Highlights of 2009

  • Graduating college Magna Cum Laude
  • Getting a full-time job
  • Seeing No Doubt in concert
  • Inglourious Basterds
  • Getting a Holga camera
  • Discovering “Youth Novels” by Lykke Li, thanks to my sister
  • Lady Gaga
  • Paranormal Activity
  • There’s a Wii in my house now!
  • (500) Days of Summer

…so much more but it’s been 365 days and I cannot remember for the life of me.

Here’s to a great New Year! Enjoy yourself…be safe…have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment