12.06.2009

Philthy

I didn’t get into Philadelphia ‘til almost 10 PM on Friday…but I’m so glad that I got there at night. I drove in, blasting a Zune playlist on the speakers of my ‘92 Buick and seeing the city lights made me happy.

I’m serious. I love it there. I wish I had money and job prospects because I wouldn’t mind living there one single bit.

‘Til then, I’m so glad my sister goes to school there and I have a reason (and place to stay) to get away for the weekend. It was just what the doctor ordered after a rough week.

This weekend I:

  • played Chandelier with Maria’s friend Lindsay (see also: Michal Lynn’s friend Lindsay) and her roommates. She has the sweetest off-campus house, despite the fact that it is in what appears to be one of the shadiest areas around the Temple campus. Oh wait…isn’t it just the entire campus?
  • slept on my just-bought air mattress which I blew up with a just-bought air pump which made me feel really special and is also the reason I have a back ache.
  • met up with BFFFFFFFF Rafter for brunch and coffee at iHop (it was my first time there and I got the Big Breakfast Platter: 2 eggs, 2 sausage links, 2 bacon strips, 2 pieces of ham, 2 pancakes, and hash browns). Good conversation with people I love.
  • went to Crafty Balboa (craft fair) and saw so many cute hand made items that made me feel totally useless. Also saw so many cute hairstyles that made me want to forget about growing my hair and just lob it off and have it cool and short like I usually do. But it’s too cold for that anyways. I’m keeping them in mind for the spring, though…
  • walked around in the rain/snow/cold to step into cute shops, buy cupcakes from a rude baker, and check out the Christmas light show at Macy’s.
  • caught a late show of Fantastic Mr. Fox.
  • spent time with my sister, no fighting, just fun.

Needless to say, I had a great weekend. I just wish I had a damn camera. It kills me that I can’t share a picture with you. I’ll be stealing one from my sister the first chance I get.

I’m going to pour myself a big bowl of cereal (Crunch Berries? Crispix? One of each?) and watch Funny People with my dad (and mom, if she feels like it). I have to enjoy the last few hours I have of weekend freedom. Back to the grind tomorrow.

I’ll just be waiting for Friday ‘til it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment