12.27.2009

Live From New York

I have been an on-and-off fan of Saturday Night Live for years now. I first got into it watching reruns on Comedy Central with Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, and Chris Farley in the cast. I thought it was awesome, because at the time they had all become movie stars (Billy Madison and Tommy Boy are two of my all-time favorite comedies). Then I started to watch it live because a lot of actors and musicians (think Freddie Prinze, Jr. and N’Sync) were hosts and musical guests. Jimmy Fallon and Will Ferrell were favorites in the cast.

They’ve had a lot of on and off iffy moments since then. But this season, I’ve pretty much watched every episode. It isn’t always funny, but a lot of cool celebrities hosted (and I got to look at Taylor Lautner some more!) and I found my new favorite skit:

It doesn’t even have to try and be funny. It just is. And it’s fun too. Klaus Future is a highlight. Check out the other two, there are always random celebrity figures and Kenan rocks it.

But the main point of this is…I have a crush on most of the cast right now. They might not always have me rolling on the floor…but they are all cute! And, in case you haven’t noticed, I have a thing for awkward, nerdy, humorous people. Looks and style are always an initial hook, but I stick because I need to be able to talk about things I enjoy and, more importantly, laugh constantly. And okay, I don’t do that with them. But I believe we’d get along swimmingly…

snl11Will-Forte-and-Seth-Meyers-saturday-night-live-2799934-600-800 

Also:
billhader 
and you can’t forget
andy-samberg-photo-1-big 

To me, they are reason enough to keep watching. Or Hulu-ing. Can you imagine a life without Hulu? Because I really can’t.

Oh and, on the subject of crushes, I have an enormous girl crush on Kristen Wiig. I love her on SNL because she isn’t afraid to make herself ugly and go all in for humor…
Kristen Wiig

But she’s cute and has a fun style.

No comments:

Post a Comment