12.26.2009

Once Upon a Time…

When I was still in high school, before Wii was released, there was Nintendo Gamecube. My dad always got us the latest Nintendo system because we loved video games. I played on and off. I’ve always been a sucker for Mario Party and Mario Kart (Double Dash for Gamecube is addictive). Then, randomly, my dad rented a new game to try. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. He didn’t like it much, but I thought I’d give it a whirl.

Hours of game play added up to days. I got hooked in the story, the cute characters, and the side-scroll play. Adventure games aren’t always my strong point…decision-making overwhelms me a little, even in the fictional sense. But this made it fun and easy, while still being challenging.

I just purchased Super Paper Mario, the Wii release (there’s an N64 version too…a friend of mine has played it, but I couldn’t get the hang of it) and already I foresee myself sitting in a chair in front of the TV with my slippers, snacks, a large water bottle, and my Wii remote in hand. This is gonna be fun


No comments:

Post a Comment