12.20.2011

Outfit: Saddle(shoe) Up!

schoolgirl22

I wore this outfit last week for my little sushi and martini date with Brad. I thrifted this skirt sometime before Halloween, and it’s been sitting at Brad’s ever since I gave it a good wash. I’m glad this is one of the things I kept at his house. It pretty much goes with anything. The Houndstooth pattern can be a little dizzying at times, but I love the swing of the skirt and the easy black-and-white palette. I definitely got the idea to pair a mostly black and white outfit with green tights from one of my favorite blogs, A Beautiful Mess. This is not the first time I’ve used the color combo and it most certainly won’t be my last. It is a reminder, however, that I need to go out and buy tights of every color.

IMG_1072schoolgirl3schoolgirl4

It just occurred to me that I have had these shoes for almost 2 years. I’ve worn them countless times. And yet, this is the first time they are showing up on the blog. You can tell they are a little beat up. I should definitely give them a good buffin’ or something. For a while, I was obsessed with finding a great pair of oxford or saddle shoes. When I saw the Sophie Shoe by Vans, I automatically fell in love. Luckily, they still make these! I’d highly recommend them if you’re in the mood for a modernized pair of saddle shoes.

schoolgirl1

Sweater – Old Navy/White Blouse – H&M/Necklace – Fred Flare/Skirt – Thrifted/Tights - Target/Shoes – Vans

Apologies for the not so fabulous picture backgrounds here and there. It’s so hard to shoot outfits when it’s pitch black by 5 PM.

5 Days! Here’s a cheesy Christmas song I loved growing up, by my then-favorite band HANSON!
Don’t mind the cheesy Zac Hanson photos, it was the only video I could find that wasn’t a live performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment