2.26.2010

State of Emergency

So, my hometown is in a state of emergency due to the inclement weather. I had to take a personal day because my family forbade me to drive the 20 minute commute to work. And also because I am scared to death of this weather (and rightfully so, because I don’t think places forbid people from driving unless it’s an emergency just because they feel like it). Any guilty feelings I had about it have been pushed aside because I am literally trapped in the house. It won’t stop snowing, which I am completely surprised by. When I got out of work early yesterday, there was some slush, nothing to worry about. I was able to get to Blockbuster and the Wine & Spirits store. Now I wouldn’t even risk leaving the house. I am hoping this stops so I can return to my regularly scheduled life tomorrow. Safely.

Anywho, I am the only person in my house who isn’t napping. Needless to say, I am super bored.
nerdIs it wrong that I love fake glasses? These are from my friend Ed, who got a real pair of his own and decided to pass these down to me, at least for a little while. I’m sure people out there hate them and think their all hipster-trendy-fake-bullshit. But hey! To each their own. Some people like huge earrings and necklaces. Some wear bracelets and rings. I’ll wear these on occasion. It’s just another accessory. And they also make my quiet life inside the snow globe a little less boring…for now…

No comments:

Post a Comment