2.20.2010

I’m froze by desire…

thexxthexx2 There’s nothing better than listening to music and falling deep in love, whether it be with a new artist, a new album, or someone you’ve already loved but have rediscovered. This time, it’s a new band for me. The xx are young Brits my dad showed me a month or so ago. I liked it, but brushed it off. Then, I got my hands on the album and, after a full listen, I was in. There music is dreamy and sad but hopeful and light all at once. I adore the fact that a boy and girl take turns singing the same words. It’s so unique right now. I just want to put on the darkest clothes I own and lay on my bed, listening to them for hours with my headphones on.

Bassist/singer Oliver Sim’s voice is so heavenly. Of course, I have a crush on him. Because I have a crush on every boy. Especially ones with sexy voices and excellent talents.

In related and sad news, when I was Googling the images above, I stumbled upon an article about the band, stating that they had cancelled the last 6 shows of their European tour because singer/guitarist Romy Croft’s father passed away just yesterday. R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment