2.14.2010

Happy Valentine’s Day

This day never really meant much to me and now, especially being single, it means even less. It’s not that I don’t appreciate the sentiment it’s trying to give. I am guilty of taping childish valentines on all of my roommate’s doors last year. But that’s where I draw the line. In fact, the last time I celebrated it was in 2007, when I had a boyfriend, and we didn’t even buy each other gifts or go out anywhere.

It’s nice to see hearts and flowers and the message of love spread around. But I guess…well, I think that if you have love, you should cherish and celebrate it all year round. And you don’t have to do it with flowers and a box of chocolate all of the time. But those things are always nicer on a random Tuesday in June than on the day you expect it the most.

IMG_1777
{My sister’s room. Her and her boyfriend love all holidays}

So if you’re lucky enough to have a Valentine, enjoy your time with them…today and for as long as you can. But if you don’t, treat yourself to something you love. Because I don’t think this day should just be about romantic relationships…it can be about whatever kind of love you have in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment