2.09.2010

Hot Chip

I’ve liked Hot Chip for about 2 years now. I got a late start, with Made in the Dark being the first album I’d heard of theirs (thanks to WRKC, my college’s radio station, which I miss so much because I got cool music all the time for free). Afterwards, I got the rest of their albums and fell even harder.

I love my fair share of mellow, melancholy, folksy music, but for some reason, I got into this electropop kick back in my junior year of college and that was it. It’s a major staple in my music tastes. But this is about Hot Chip…

I honestly believe they have something for everyone, especially in Made in the Dark, which carries some fantastic simple sad songs. But really, put them on if you wanna have a blast and dance all night in neon tights with a lightening bolt painted over your eye.

hot_chip 
hot-chip
hotchipband3

I think what intrigues me even more about them is…well, look! They are just a bunch of British men, pretty average looking, but they make these incredibly fresh beats. Which brings me to their latest album, One Life Stand. When I got my hands on it, I was so excited and consequently let down. There was something missing. But on a second listen, and the viewing of the video below, I might be changing my mind. I’ll still love them regardless. And Joe Goddard’s voice is heavenly, even when it’s being manipulated so.

Oh, and if this electro-craziness isn’t your style, check out this song. I love how beautiful and sad it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment