1.02.2014

Festive Fingers

Now that Christmas is over (though I won’t really admit it and our tree is still up and smells incredible), I want to share my holiday nail art, much like my Halloween post. I really liked all of these designs, and the funny thing is that I pretty much used the same few colors for each different look.

White – Wet N’ Wild French White
Tan – Butter London Tea & Toast
Brown – OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle
Black – Sally Hansen’s X-Treme Wear Black Out
Red – OPI I’m Not Really a Waitress or Love & Beauty Red
Red Glitter – Essie Leading Lady
Green – OPI Jade is the New Black
Gold – Essie As Gold as it Gets

083 
I used Elleandish’s tutorial for these adorable Christmas trees. Her YouTube channel is definitely one of my top favorites. She does excellent designs and teaches them very well. These were so fun. I’m Not Really a Waitress is a classic OPI color, but it’s a frosty red so it isn’t really my type. This season is the best time to wear it.

007

These snowfall nails can also be seen in the tutorial link above. I decided to go with a nice cold blue (Essie Butler Please) as the background, and I covered it with OPI’s Pirouette My Whistle which is basically like a snowfall in a polish bottle.

036

These string light nails are from CutePolish’s massive Christmas tutorial and they are super easy and super cute!

035

I probably never would’ve done Gingerbread nails until the CutePolish tutorial but they were just too adorable and tasty to pass up! This was an easy design. I like that it’s not the whole man, just his cute little buttons and frosting.

070
Rudolph nails! I used CutePolish’s tutorial but tweaked it a little to make it appear more like the Rudy we know and love from the old claymation special. Basically, I did simpler eyes and gave him teensy antlers instead of big ones, since he’s so young and hasn’t grown them as big!

106 
These Santa nails were my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE DESIGN OF THE SEASON!
Another Elleandish design, it is so stinking adorable and jolly, much like the big man himself.
I was a little nervous about doing them, but it was much easier than I suspected and, again, Janelle did an excellent job of executing and explaining this design. I particularly love his little smile. :)

Nail art is one of my favorite things to do no matter the season or holiday, but it’s been especially fun to focus on the special days that get built up for a while, like Halloween and Christmas.
I’m so excited to continue honing my skills this year, and I look forward to getting better at painting my nails without needing major cleanup. I also am going to start doing a bit more involved care on my cuticles.
Hope you enjoyed the photos, and don’t forget to check out the wonderful YouTube channels of both Elleandish and CutePolish for designs for all occasions!

2 comments:

  1. All of your Christmas nails are SO STINKIN CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuu! I miss them already. And I'm totally lacking inspiration.

      Delete