1.01.2014

2014: A List of Goals

When the new year approaches, it’s impossible not to think of what can be done differently to make it better than the last. In my case, 2013 was a rather rough year. I am glad that I took a leap of faith and left a tough part of my life behind. My spirit feels a lot lighter since I left and, though I struggle a bit more with a smaller job, I have time to sort my mind out and figure out what I’d like to be doing with this little space on Earth I call my life.

Last year, I made a list and posted it to the blog. I can say that I didn’t do a single thing on it.
I’m embarrassed, natch, but I think it’s also enlightening. I’m glad I posted it, and it’s okay that I didn’t do anything because life is impossible to plan. If you had asked me this time last year that I’d no longer be working at my full-time job, I wouldn’t have believed you. If you had told me I’d have a different job, I wouldn’t have believed you.
You could’ve told me that I’d have a shaggy pixie-esque cut and I wouldn’t believe you.
Because I change as the days do.

049

I love that my first goal here is the same as last time. I’ve had a pretty good invitation, but life is so busy and I also want to read modern fiction, new books, young adult reads, some memoirs. Even if I don’t get to be a part of a monthly book club, I just want to find a space to talk about a book with people who have strong opinions about it. I feel alone in reading because, unless it’s a popular series, not many people read the books I do.
It would be so great to change that, and I suppose that’s why it’s first on my list. Again.

Of course, this isn’t it.
There’s so much more I want to do than what’s above.
Little things like wearing more lipstick and jewelry, donating more clothes, using my Bento box for healthy lunches, etc.
But for now, here we go…

No comments:

Post a Comment