1.06.2014

A New Endeavor: Project Life

Something that is on my list for 2014 is scrapbooking. In my 26 years, I have never considered scrapbooking. And, if I’m being honest, I still don’t really know if I understand scrapbooking. It’s a fancier photo album? A glorified journal with photos? I don’t know. But I intend to find out.

Not that I don’t have my moments, but I wouldn’t classify myself as crafty.
I express myself in some “artistic” ways, I guess, by writing or taking pictures of my life or even painting my nails.
It wasn’t until the last year or so that I got into scouting through craft stores and thinking of what I could do on my own to save a few bucks and make something from the heart.

Because of this lack of innate craftiness, I’m really excited to explore scrapbooking in the form of Project Life.
If you follow A Beautiful Mess, then you’ve surely heard of this.
Basically, with a few ingredients from the Project Life collection and my own photos and decorative choices, I can create a journal/photo album hybrid that will put my photos and memories to use. I love blogging and taking pictures, but I think it will be really nice to have something physical to flip through when I want to take a walk down memory lane. A lot of photos in my phone or on my computer go ignored. A lot of memories fall by the wayside because I document it (or not) on the blog. And it’s a total pain to go back through the pages. Not that I don’t do it, and I love it when I see something I forgot about, but it’s not as easy as picking up a book and flipping through it.

photo(1)

Lucky for me (though it is sad), a craft store nearby is closing, which means mega sales on basically everything I need (I just had to get the Sunshine Edition core kit, created by Elsie and Emma!). In fact, if it weren’t for this, I probably wouldn’t have considered doing it. It’s not like I have the funds to throw around, especially since trying a hobby for the first time doesn’t mean it will actually last. This is the perfect way to dip my toes in and, if I love it, later investments will be worth it. I may not have a ton of money, but I have plenty of time.
What a better way to use it then to record it?

No comments:

Post a Comment