1.28.2014

Project Life: Prep Time

As I’ve mentioned before, I’m planning on doing a Project Life scrapbook this year. People do them a variety of ways…a photo a day, constructing pages per week…but I decided to do it every month. I’ve been saving photos in a folder on my computer that I’ll print out at the pharmacy (no printer to do my own, but that’s okay). Once it’s printed, I’ll figure out my layouts per page and write on the journaling cards and embellish parts I feel need a little extra kick.
I’m excited and nervous and ready for the day that I get to put it all together.
In the meantime, I’ve gathered a lot of the equipment I need to get this party started.
I thought I’d show you what I have, since it’s changed since that first post up there.

PL6

Instead of the small album I initially bought, I now have a big 12x12 binder for the entire year.
I’m still excited about the small album I purchased, which I plan on using for a more isolated topic.

PL3 
044

Once the big binder was purchased, a big photo back was necessary. Design A is pretty common, but since I also take a lot of vertical photos as well as Instagram photos, I purchased these additional pocket pages that will help change up the flow of the album and make room for a variety of pictures.

PL2 
PL1

As previously mentioned, I purchased the Sunshine Edition kit designed by Elsie & Emma. I finally opened it and went through the cards and I’m in LOVE with the designs. I also got these textured cards that were designed for the same kit to add embellishments or smaller photos to. They were super discounted so I couldn’t say no!

PL5 
PL7 
PL8 
PL9

Finally, I am gathering a pretty awesome collection of decorative tape and stamps. So excited about these.
The first photo is a rounded corner punch. I love the idea of rounding off some of my pictures so that it flows with the rounded edges of the card. I don’t know if I want to do it to all the pictures or not. Still, I love it!

I can’t wait to share more once I’ve started the actual project!

No comments:

Post a Comment