4.30.2013

Recent Reads: Everything is Perfect When You’re a Liar (Book #16 of 2013)

everything

For the first time ever, I read two books at once. As I read Where We Belong, I read Everything is Perfect When You’re a Liar by Kelly Oxford.
My copy of Everything is Perfect.. is on my Kindle, so I wasn’t able to bring it to work. Usually, I’m okay with just reading my Kindle books at night and making it through the work day somehow (magazines or…I dunno, work? My job is unpredictable, but most often slow).
I knew that wouldn’t be possible, which is why I started reading Emily Giffin. But I decided to continue with Kelly Oxford when at home.
It was fairly easy.

I don’t read more than one book at a time because I like to fully engulf myself in the story and the characters. If I were to read two fictional stories, I would get them all confused. Thankfully, I didn’t have that problem. Kelly Oxford’s book is a collection of short, funny stories about her life. A memoir. I typically enjoy books like this. Kelly Oxford’s book wasn’t bad by any means, but of all the humorous memoirs I’ve read, it wasn’t a particular favorite. I laughed out loud a few times, but I felt like some of the stories went on too long. I would’ve loved to hear more about her adventures in motherhood. Perhaps there will be another book? I’m sure I’ll check it out if there is.

Reading these two books within the week actually helped catch me up on my challenge. I was a couple of books behind, but now I’m right on schedule. Unfortunately, I decided to pick up a book that’s more than 400 pages for my next read…so we will see how that turns out.

For now, it’s nice to be back on top for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment