1.16.2013

Recent Reads: Just One Day (Book #3 of 2013)

justoneday

Book #3 of my 52/52 challenge was Just One Day by Gayle Forman.
I knew I was going to read this book the moment I heard about it months back because Gayle Forman wrote a really beautiful book I gushed about right here. I preordered it on Amazon, and ended up getting it the day I finished Bernadette. I finished it this past Sunday.

Our narrator is Allyson. She is freshly graduated from high school, approaching college in Boston, and is enjoying the tail end of a European tour with her friend Melanie when we first meet her. Her tour group is waiting in line to see Hamlet on stage when a bunch of young, wild actors hit up the line with fliers about their renegade performance of Twelfth Night as a group called “Guerilla Will” at a park nearby.
Allyson and Melanie have pretty much stuck to the agenda the entire trip, but upon meeting a handsome blonde man in the troupe, Allyson decides she’s ready to break some rules and check out the play. Of course, she can’t keep her eyes off the man, but once the play is over, so is the fantasy and Melanie and Allyson head back to their hotel to prepare for the end of their trip. The next morning, they head on a train to London, and Allyson makes her way to grab some breakfast from the dining cart when she spots the handsome man from the night before. He is a 20 year old Dutch man named Willem. One thing leads to another and they end up heading to Paris, just the two of them. For just one day.

What happens next is for the readers to find out. I enjoyed this book. It was romantic, yes, but it’s also about self-discovery, making friends, deciding what you want in life, following your gut...
It was a sweet book. And later this year, there will be a novel coming out called Just One Year. I’m excited to read that when it comes out.

So far, Where’d Ya Go, Bernadette? has been my favorite book. But that’s out of three. So…I have some more to go.

This has been a fun challenge so far! I’m already on book 4. Can’t wait to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment