12.27.2012

2012 Highlights: May–August

May

May is one of my favorite months. Beginning of summer, warm weather, long days, and, of course, my birthday. I’m happy to do a simple dinner with my family (we usually make tacos) for my birthday, but this year, Brad and I decided to do something different. I don’t remember how we decided to do it, but the Prohibition Era party we threw for my birthday was definitely one of the highlights of my life, not just the year. I didn’t expect it to be such an event, to be surrounded by awesome people who all came in costume ready to go, for all the little surprises that came along the way. What a wonderful time…
Not to mention the usual lovely May activities. I enjoyed a beautiful day in Hoboken with some wonderful ladies. My sister and I traveled to New Jersey for my cousin’s baby shower (her son, Niall, was born in July). Memorial Day weekend, which kicked off the beginning of my crazy summer of porch nights, swimming in small pools, and spending time with friends.

party2party6IMG_2546IMG_2394026029

June

Enter the summer. The beginning of three months of cigar smoke, beer on back porches, laughter, silly nights.
Nothing monumental happened, but every weekend was a memory.

014018031019003046

July

The 4th of July, when we ran after fireworks. My week-long stay-cation with Brad. A wedding for one of my oldest friends.
A bridal shower for a a beautiful lady who entered Brad’s family.

012026006045025011062

August

Lather, Rinse, and Repeat last month.

slightfruity011004016008018yolo12

 

Next up…the last 1/3 of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment