12.24.2012

A Pre-Holiday Weekend

weekend

I couldn’t have asked for a better pre-Christmas weekend than the one I had.
We started Friday off with a nice gathering at Brad’s house. Snacks and beers galore with friends…not a quiet, dull moment in the house.
It’s so nice to have Jenna and Ed back, even if only for a few weeks!

On Saturday, my sister and I went for lunch at Canteen 900 (it’s been soooo long since I’ve been there) and did some last minute shopping. I’m all set, but pounding out those last gifts really got me excited for actually giving them. That’s my favorite part of Christmas!

But the highlight had to be Lauren’s family dinner on Saturday night. Her parents invited a bunch of us over for some amazing lasagna and fettucine alfredo, along with plenty of wine. We had so much fun eating delicious food, trading presents, and talking about what Christmas means to us. It brought me to tears to be a part of a such a lovely evening, talking about the true meaning of Christmas, the love and the family and togetherness. It’s so easy to get caught up in the material aspect, and to stress (if you’re like me) about money and “is it all enough?” but this weekend was exactly what I needed to put everything into perspective.

So, today is Christmas Eve! Santa Claus is coming to town! Christ the Savior is born! It’s actually here!
Tomorrow, kids (including grown-up ones, like my sister and I) will be waking our parents up and exchanging presents.
It came so fast, and it’s over all too quickly.
But I want to wish a very Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and Happy Holidays in general!

 

All photos were taken with Hipstamatic. I recently purchased the Multi-Exposure kit, and I’m excited to share some fun photos I took with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment