12.14.2012

Dinner Last Night: Chili and Mac and Cheese

chilimaccheeseJPG

Yesterday was quite terrible there for a while.
I was having moments of anger and disappointment and felt like I could cry at the drop of the hat.
After lunch, I started to feel better, but I was still in the mood for some comfort food.

Chili has really come into the rotation at my house. I can’t help it, it’s cheap and easy to make and it always satisfies.
I’ve been having fun adding new ingredients and taking things away to make new chili all the time.
I feel bad that I haven’t been all that adventurous with my food so I thought I would try a chili mac.
But to save some time, I made some Kraft dinner mac and cheese to serve with the chili.
When I took this picture, they were separate on the plate, obviously.
But they were quickly mixed together and it was so tasty and super filling. I maybe took a nap afterwards.

In the background, you may spot the corn muffin. This has become a necessity for chili. Jiffy corn muffin mix is 75 cents and makes the quickest, tastiest corn muffins ever. Maybe one day I’ll try my hand at something from scratch. But more on that later…

 

It’s the weekend! I know it will go by fast, and that saddens me.
Work and holiday obligations galore.
There’s some good news, though…the holidays are getting closer and that means my friends Ed and Jenna are coming in from California!
I know it will be crazy trying to see them with everything that goes on this time of year, but I can only hope for some quality time.
They arrive tomorrow and, though I won’t see them right away, I’m wishing them safe travels!

Here’s to a great weekend! Good luck with shopping/creating/wrapping/whatever it is you
need to do in this second-to-last weekend before Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I need to have my dinner, now!

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now following you! Your blog is great! And I adore your red hair.

      Delete