1.10.2012

Nails and Ales

Time for Round Two of Nails and Ales!
This feature allows me to show off two of my favorite things…my nail polish endeavors and the different beers I try every so often.

020

Blue Moon is one of my favorite beers, hands down. So I was excited to try this seasonal ale.
The flavor was much stronger than the traditional brew, but I enjoyed it a lot.

010

Samuel Adams’ Chocolate Bock is ridiculously good. I don’t think I could drink more than one, but it would be an excellent dessert beer. The cocoa flavor was there, but not too sweet or overpowering. This came in a Samuel Adams holiday pack, and each beer was tasty in it’s own delightful way.

003

Lionshead is not a new beer for me, or even a fancy beer. If you can see in the picture, it is made in Wilkes-Barre, PA, aka right near home. Drinking this transports me right back to college and memories of crazy nights with great friends.
At about 15 bucks a case, you can’t go wrong. The matching nails were a happy coincidence.

012

Holiday nails and a holiday ale! This is a tasty, Christmas-y treat! The first sip is a festive flavor punch.
This was the one and only Fezziwig I got to enjoy. But I think that’s what keeps it so special.

024

Woodchuck Hard Cider is one of my favorite drinks EVER. And I’m not just talking in terms of alcoholic beverages. It’s not heavy on the alcohol content and it is just too tasty for words. The classic Amber flavor is my go-to, but I’m game to try every flavor. This particular cider is called Crisp, and is considered a session cider. It’s not a personal favorite of the flavors, it kind of reminds me of a green apple
Jolly Rancher. For me, that’s a little too sweet to enjoy. I did have the winter cider, though, and it’s beyond tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment