7.14.2011

Dinners on Decks

If I had to choose a favorite part about our OCMD trip, it would probably be eating dinner by the bay.
The warm, breezy, clear nights were too perfect and beautiful to stay indoors for.

076077082081

The above shots are from our dinner, day 1, at Crazy 8s. It’s a simple soups/salads/sandwiches place, but oh so tasty. I read about it using the Urbanspoon app, and the deal was sealed by it’s close proximity to the condo and the sweet potato fries (which were amazing). I had a MASSIVE Arnold Palmer (which is half iced tea and half lemonade, if you didn’t know, and incredibly delicious and summer-y) to top it off.

095096

099101

Macky’s was dinner, day #2 and definitely my favorite meal of our little trip! It’s funny, we came to OCMD with a few restaurant suggestions and had no idea what to expect from them. I was perusing menus on our post-beach shower and nap time to help ease the process of choosing. The only thing that made deciding tough was my shellfish allergy. I will eat seafood here and there, but I can’t have shrimp, crab, clams, or anything of that variety. And that’s tough, because it was pretty standard in Ocean City and Brad loves the stuff. But there are always options. Macky’s was within reasonable walking distance and got two recommendations from two separate people, so we did it. And what a perfect time we decided to eat! I’m almost thankful for our lazy afternoon, because we got there in time to enjoy a breathtaking sunset on the bay. It was incredible. I settled for a delicious sirloin steak, which came with tasty corn on the cob. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for anyone heading to OCMD. Try and get there around 7-7:30. We only had to wait about 10 minutes for a table outside (we were there on a Sunday night, but it was crowded and they told us it would be a 20-30 min. wait), and the sun set at around 8:30.
It’s an excellent experience.

119

115116117

Seacrets was the scene for our last OCMD supper. I had heard of the restaurant/bar before, but never been there (as this was only my second time in OCMD anyway). Seacrets and Macky’s seem to be fairly similar (perhaps they are competition?), but Secrets is a lot bigger, with plenty of seating for dining, listening to the live music that plays every night, or drinking at one of their many bars. They also have a pier that leads into the bay, where you can sip drinks in your bathing suit on a raft. Kinda cool, right? We went at a good time…probably around 6 PM. We missed the creepy bar crowd, but still got to enjoy a live band. I had the tuna steak with “Jamaican” fries and a cherry tomato and feta salad. It was fresh and delicious, and I would definitely recommend this place for the over all experience.

All pictures taken with Instagram and  Hipstamatic apps for the iPhone!

No comments:

Post a Comment