7.18.2011

Bonus Post: Baked Jalapeno Poppers

I took soooo many pictures of the jalapeno poppers we made on Saturday that I wanted to share them in a separate post. The reason for making the jalapeno poppers in the first place? Well…I love them. But really, we were wandering the Farmers Market on Thursday and found a vendor that happened to be selling some and couldn’t resist. I spent a little time trying to find a fairly easy and delicious recipe for these tasty treats I’ve never made before. I finally settled on Emeril Lagasse’s Baked Jalapeno Poppers, especially because I wouldn’t have to spend too much time sweating over a pot of hot oil, making sure they are perfectly fried.
The process was extremely messy, but the results were fantastic.

IMG_7340IMG_7370IMG_7372IMG_7376IMG_7391IMG_7394

I’ve been known to add the jalapeno poppers onto my MTO meals at Sheetz on a regular basis, but this was much better. I knew what every single ingredient was going in, and it wasn’t fried, so I didn’t feel as bad (or greasy or bloated) afterwards. I’d definitely recommend the recipe, but I personally need more time to tweak and perfect my approach to it. Again, I’m knew to cooking more than omelets and tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment