7.19.2011

Dinner Last Night: Soup and Sandwich

As it was my first Monday back after a long and lovely vacation from the work grind, I found myself in major need of comfort food. I spent a small portion of the weekend perusing the Food Network website for different recipes, and Rachael Ray’s Tomato and Bean Stoup sounded delicious and seemed easy for a novice cook such as myself. I gathered the ingredients (you can easily make this meal on the cheap, and you may have some of the necessities in your cabinet and fridge anyway) and set to creating this insanely tasty soup.

IMG_7436IMG_7442IMG_7446IMG_7454

There is something so intoxicating and comforting about the scent of garlic and onion cooking. That was enough motivation for me to continue this little cooking experiment…the sheer pleasure of smelling your raw ingredients come together and make something delicious. And what’s the best compliment to tasty, veggie-heavy soup? Grilled Cheese! I’ll find any excuse to make a yummy, melty, toasty grilled cheese sandwich, though (especially because the ingredients are always available at home and it’s the easiest ever). But guys, I seriously loved this soup. I will be eating leftovers for a while, as it makes a nice big pot. I didn’t have any zucchini, like the recipe calls for, but I had yellow squash, and that did the trick. I also left out the basil, but I will try to include it next time. And last but not least, I topped my bowl off with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, as suggested, which I highly recommend you do!

No worries, guys. I don’t plan on this becoming a food blog. I am still just following recipes and sort of teaching myself and expanding my diet and food horizons. And this “stoup” is a keeper! Do yourself a favor, skip the canned veggie soup, and make this instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment