5.02.2011

The Much Too Short Weekend

I may only have to work 4 hours on a Saturday, but sometimes it can feel like forever. And when it does, the weekend seems a lot shorter. I’m already back at work, and I literally just left the place. I’m thankful I’ll have the next two weekends off. That’s why I can’t complain much. It’s only every few weeks that I have to give up that morning. Once it’s over, I don’t have to think about it for a while.

Regardless, it’s always important to make the best of whatever time I have to myself. I spent a lovely night and day with Brad.

springeveningIMG_6098prettyinpinksavior

Saturday evening, we walked around the tiny campus of my Alma Mater, King’s College. This month (holy macaroni, it’s MAY already!), marks the two year anniversary of me graduating. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. Sometimes, I feel like I’m on this long summer break, waiting to go back. I miss it all the time. Walking around the campus was nice, but part of me definitely felt like it was really over. Maybe it’s because everyone I loved there left with me. Regardless, it was always such a beautiful and peaceful place in the Spring.

We topped off the night with pizza, wings, and beer…you can’t go wrong. Spent Sunday around flea markets and yard sales. It was a quaint and pleasant break from a hectic week. I’ll admit it…I’m nervous for this week to come. I am already counting down the days ‘til next weekend, and I do hate that I wish away the majority of my week for two days of freedom. But what can you do? Whatever helps you through the tough times, I guess. Here’s hoping you all have a wonderful and stress-free week!

No comments:

Post a Comment