3.22.2011

First Day of Spring

I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather, but I still managed to break out the Rebel with Brad this weekend for a jaunt downtown on the first day of Spring. It was kind of a perfect day. A little chilly, but warm in the sun. Everyone was out walking there dogs, chatting with friends, driving with the windows down, getting Free Rita’s Italian Ice (we did too!). Since Brad’s Canon 7D is still brand new and I haven’t pulled out my Canon in a while, it seemed appropriate to take advantage of the kind weather, blue skies, and sunshine.

IMG_5053IMG_5061IMG_5065IMG_5083IMG_5094IMG_5120IMG_5181

I can’t wait for things to actually start blooming around here. It was a great day, but the trees are still mostly brittle branches and I miss the colorful Earth. Walking around downtown Wilkes-Barre had me all college nostalgic. My friends and I most definitely would’ve been sitting outside, walking to get our Rita’s, and enjoying the sunshine together. So much has changed…growing up is weird. But regardless, King’s College is a small but beautiful campus, especially when the cherry blossoms bloom. I’ll be keeping my eye out for them.

Unfortunately, the temperatures have dropped once again and there has been a slight snow shower with another looming for tomorrow. I can’t wait for those shenanigans to be over. This has been a tough winter. I don’t think my body agrees with winter for long, though.
I’m ready for the new season and, hopefully, a new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment