3.30.2011

Dance Dance Dance

One of my favorite movies of 2010 (and possibly all time), Black Swan, came out on DVD yesterday. I’d urge any of you who haven’t seen it to rush and get your hands on a copy ASAP, but I know it isn’t for everyone. I am a huge fan of Natalie Portman, but I’m pretty sure I would love this movie regardless, and a large reason is my love for dance. (I can’t imagine anyone else playing Nina Sayers, though, and Oscar agreed.)

ballet2ballet3ballet4ballet5ballet6

I have always been fascinated by the art of dance. I’ve taken classes here and there, but nothing stuck. I appreciate all forms…jazz, tap, hip hop, modern and, of course, ballet. I wish I would’ve stuck with something. I know I wouldn’t be a professional dancer or would’ve gone to Juilliard, but it’s such a beautiful expression. To tell a story with movement and music. A lovely combination. An effortless relationship.

All photos from WeHeartIt

No comments:

Post a Comment