What a fantastic weekend and beginning to 2011. I haven’t had such an enjoyable time in quite a while. I think since the stress of the holidays finally calmed down, it was easy to let go and just enjoy myself.
Reasons to love this weekend…
- Ringing in the New Year with sis, friends, and lover at the casino (I won 18 bucks, too!)
- Two consecutive nights ending at around 4 a.m.
- Late night diner food
- Bowling and pitchers of beer
- 5 bucks worth of tunes on the jukebox
- Tons of pork related foods on 1/1 (fantastic ham and bean soup being the highlight of the day…) with family
- Seein’ my baby cousin, Danny
- Satisfying cravings (wings and, shockingly, an apple)
- A new blazer, LBD, and two pairs of black flats for about 25 dollars (I love you, Target)
- How I Met Your Mother marathons
- Grocery store wandering
I am hoping that these happy 2 first days of the year mean only more happiness along the way. I have some things I’d like to do…things I’d like to change…things I’d like to work on this year. But I don’t want to call them resolutions and I don’t want to make a big fuss because that’s when it always seems to fall through. I just want to try and live the best life I possibly can this year…and every year to follow.
Not much time to take pictures…too busy soaking it all in…