9.12.2009

I’m workin’ on my follow-through.

One of my main problems is that I have so many great ideas and goals and ways to make my life better and I hardly ever follow through with them.

I’m weak. I worry about what others will think. I worry others will hate me for no reason, or for reasons they don’t even understand because they don’t even bother to know the truth. I care too much about what other people think. Or it’s just so damn hard to change because I’m bored or scared or lonely.

I want to change this so bad.
I have to change it.

In other news, I realized Santogold’s self-titled album (even though she’s considered Santigold now) is perfect summer to fall transition music. Even though her stuff is fun at times, it’s mostly chill, and it fit my rainy drive to work perfectly. What I love the most about this CD is that no song sounds like the other. She goes from rapping to singing ska/new wave in the blink of an eye. Every song is a winner.

I also highly recommend Radiohead’s In Rainbows for this seasonal change. I love all of their music, but this album came into my hands two falls ago, and it fit my mood so well. The music is beautiful, the lyrics have so much truth, and Thom Yorke’s voice never ceases to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment